Virtual Hand to Shoulder Fellowship, LLC
To provide high quality, evidence-based, and accessible hand therapy education via a cost-effective, convenient, and innovative approach.
Offered globally in synchronous and asynchronous cohorts. Delivered in the English language.
AOTA approved provider.
1. Provide comprehensive, evidence-based, post-graduate level education in upper extremity and hand rehabilitation.
2. Provide mentorship & consultation on patient care, professional development, program development, clinical research and quality improvement, and administrative and management success.
3. Educate clinical teams wishing to broaden their referral base through demonstrated competencies in upper extremity and hand rehabilitation.
4. Provide consultation services to therapists, agencies, or organizations that require a certified hand therapist's expertise to deliver care effectively and train their staff.
Mirella Deisher, OTD, MS, OTR/L, CHT
Founder & Faculty
Doctor of Occupational Therapy
Certified Hand Therapist
Mirella has a great capacity to educate a wide variety of learners, which I have witnessed first hand with others in the fellowship. She led a research project that has since been published in the Journal of Hand Therapy, which sought
to reflect upon the impact of coaching patients to be active participants in their therapy.
- Christine Estelle, OTD, OTR/L,CHT, CLT
"...the other fellows and myself were given the opportunity to develop a Webinar for ASHT. With Mirella’s help, we prepared and presented a Webinar on joint mobilizations, titled “Joint Mobilizations: Facilitating Motion of the Forearm, Wrist and Digits”. During months of preparation, Mirella ensured that we were proficient in the subject and that we felt confident presenting it to others. I felt that this was an achievement given that the three of us had not presented a Webinar previously, and we had been novices to the topic."